Strategies for Managing Liability Risk
In the current business environment, private litigators and government agencies focus more sharply on directors and officers (D&Os) of public and private companies. These D&Os and their brokers and counsel demand coverage and try to stretch any existing coverage. The relationship between insurers and their D&O insureds is important, complicated, and delicate. Peabody & Arnold understands these challenges, and our knowledgeable and experienced lawyers help clients navigate these new complexities.
Leading Authorities in All Facets of Management Liability and Financial Lines Insurance
Peabody & Arnold has a national reputation in D&O insurance and other forms of business liability insurance, including:
- Commercial Crime
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI)
- Financial Institution Liability
- Public Officials Liability
- Professional Liability
- Reps & Warranties
A Known Quality
For over 50 years, insurance companies have relied on us to handle major claims and coverage issues in state and federal courts throughout the United States and abroad. We work with several major markets in these areas of insurance. We know most, if not all, of the major insurers, policyholder counsel, and mediators that work in this area. We:
- Provide coverage advice to carriers, monitor high-profile litigation, and represent carriers in settlement negotiations and at mediations.
- Assist carriers in dealing with difficult insureds on negotiated coverage issues such as selection of counsel, joint defense issues, and allocation of defense costs and settlements.
- Work with defense counsel and defendants to help review defense counsel’s work product and bills to assure an effective and efficient defense of the insured.
In addition to our day-to-day work on major cases in this area, we remain actively involved in leading insurance organizations, including the Claims and Litigation Management (CLM) Alliance, Tort and Insurance Practice Section (TIPS) of the American Bar Association, Defense Research Institute (DRI), and the Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS).