Robert has been at Peabody & Arnold for over 25 years. His practice focuses on the areas of insurance coverage and financial institutions litigation. He represents insurance companies in a range of national coverage matters, with a focus on transactional liability, professional liability, and commercial crime. Insureds, including technology companies and directors and officers, trust Robert to defend them in professional liability and breach of fiduciary duty lawsuits. Clients especially appreciate Robert’s level of responsiveness to each case and his knack for efficient resolution of legal disputes. Robert thinks outside the box to navigate the most difficult legal issues.
Admitted to practice in both Massachusetts and New Hampshire, Robert regularly represents clients in litigation matters in federal district and bankruptcy courts in numerous jurisdictions.
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
State of New Hampshire
United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire
United States District Court for the District of Vermont
Northeastern University, J.D., 1988
Harvard College, A.B., cum laude, 1983
- American Bar Association, Fidelity and Surety Law Committee
- Professional Underwriting Society
- Defense Research Institute
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
Robert writes and lectures before bar and professional groups on the most emerging and relevant areas of his practice, including insurance coverage. Recent examples include:
- Speaker, Underwriting and Claim Trends in Reps & Warranties Insurance, PLUS New England, September 2016
- Speaker, Ethics and E-Security Risks and Obligations, Real Estate Bar Association, May 2016
- Speaker, Commercial Surety and Miscellaneous Bonds, ABA Fidelity and Surety Law Committee, May 2012
- Contributor, Law of Commercial Surety and Miscellaneous Bonds (2nd ed. 2012), American Bar Association
- Bailey v. Buskey, 2015 WL 2381083, 2015 DNH 103 (D.N.H. 2015)(professional liability defense).
- Young v. Hartford Insurance Co., 2012 WL 911424, 2012 DNH 056 (D.N.H. 2012)(insurance coverage).
- Laverty v. Massad, 661 F. Supp. 2d 55 (D. Mass. 2009)(professional liability defense).
- New Fed Mortgage Co. v. National Union Fire Insurance Co., 543 F.3d 7 (1st Cir. 2008)(fidelity/insurance coverage).
- Warren Freedenfeld Associates, Inc. v. McTigue, 531 F.3d 38 (1st Cir. 2008)(professional liability defense).
- Martindale Hubbell AV (Preeminent) Rating
- Super Lawyers
- Discovering Justice, Council Member (2010-2013)
- Citizens Schools, Mock Trial Team Leader (2002-2005)
- Acton Historic District Commission, Member (two three year terms)