The COVID-19 pandemic has had a deep and wide-ranging impact on workplaces across the nation. Employers large and small alike have confronted unprecedented challenges that raise new and complex questions on a broad spectrum of employment law issues. To help guide our clients as they navigate these uncharted waters, Peabody & Arnold has assembled a COVID-19 Task Force of employment lawyers who are available to counsel employers during this turbulent time.
We encourage you to visit this page regularly for new content, or to reach out to members of our COVID-19 Task Force for guidance at any time as we confront this crisis together.
COVID-19 Resource Library for Employers
The governmental response to the COVID-19 pandemic has created new obligations for small- and mid-sized employers at the federal and state levels. To assist employers with staying on top of rapidly-evolving employment law developments, our COVID-19 Task Force has created a COVID-19 Resource Library for Employers with a collection of key links to laws, regulations, and guidance from governmental agencies.
We will update this library as additional resources become available.
COVID-19 News and Insights for Employers
The COVID-19 Task Force will post news articles and insights providing timely analysis of employment law issues arising out of the pandemic. Our COVID-19 content can be accessed below in date order:
- Employers Beware: New York Federal Court Strikes Down the DOL’s Employer-Friendly FFCRA Regulations, August 20, 2020
- The Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act of 2020 has Major Implications for Employers, June 16, 2020
- Reopening the Workplace: Considerations for U.S. Employers, June 1, 2020
- OSHA Now Requires All Employers to Conduct Work-Relatedness Determinations for All COVID-19 Cases and Record All Work-Related COVID-19 Cases, May 29, 2020
- The WARN Act and COVID-19: What Employers Need to Know as the Business Impacts of the Pandemic Continue, May 19, 2020
- An Employer’s Guide to Calculating FFCRA Leave Entitlements and Pay, May 5, 2020
- OSHA Update: Recording Cases of COVID-19, April 28, 2020
- Update for Employers on Families First Coronavirus Response Act Regulations, April 23, 2020
- The EEOC’s Updated Guidance for Employers, April 22, 2020
- Overview of the CARES Act for Employers, April 20, 2020
- Important Takeaways from the EEOC’s Webinar on COVID-19 and Anti-Discrimination Laws, April 7, 2020
- Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office COVID-19 FAQs, April 3, 2020 (Updated on April 22, 2020)
- Update for Employers on the Families First Coronavirus Response Act Effective April 1, March 31, 2020
- Update for Employers on COVID-19, March 23, 2020
- Coronavirus – Legal Considerations for U.S. Employers, March 6, 2020