Peabody & Arnold believes that it is important that its attorneys use their legal skills to give back to the community. They have represented hundreds of clients pro bono over the decades, including the following:
- Conscientious objectors during the Vietnam War;
- Gay marchers in the South Boston Veterans Parade;
- Two Catholic employees fired for not working on Christmas;
- Prisoners with civil rights claims;
- A victim in a highly public domestic abuse case; and
- A Boston Marathon bombing survivor.
Peabody & Arnold attorneys helped found the Greater Boston Legal Services, have been appointed by the United States President to the Board of the Legal Services Corporation, been president and vice president of both the Boston Bar Foundation and the Massachusetts Bar Foundation (Massachusetts’ premier legal charities), and have been active in providing legal services to veterans. The firm is believed to have more Massachusetts Bar Foundation Fellows and more Access to Justice Fellows than any other firm in Massachusetts.