Defending Medical Malpractice Claims, Preserving Reputations
When health care professionals face malpractice claims, their reputation and careers may be at stake. Even the most careful and respected health care providers need experienced legal counsel who can advise them on how to avoid lawsuits and defend them when malpractice litigation arises.
Helping You Achieve a Successful Outcome
We appreciate the sensitive nature of professional liability allegations, and work with you from the outset to devise a winning strategy for each case. We thoroughly investigate and evaluate each matter, and engage medical experts early on – always with an eye towards a successful resolution.
In the highly specialized field of medical professional liability, Peabody & Arnold represents a wide range of health care providers, including:
- Long-term acute care hospitals
- Physician practice groups
- Nurse practitioners
- Respiratory therapists
- Clinical social workers
- Licensed mental health and marital/family counselors
We defend health care professionals before state and federal courts and before a variety of administrative agencies, including the Massachusetts Boards of Registration in Medicine and Nursing, the Massachusetts Boards of Registration of Psychologists, Social Workers and Allied Mental Health and Human Services Professionals.
Recent Defense Verdicts
- In a wrongful death medical malpractice case against a long-term acute care hospital, Jennifer Burke and Scarlett Rajbanshi obtained a defense verdict after a two-week trial in February and March 2016 in Suffolk Superior Court.
- In a wrongful death case against an assisted living facility, Rick Connelly and Michael Griffin obtained a defense verdict after a six-day trial in Suffolk Superior Court in July 2013.