Lindsey concentrates her practice on employment law, professional liability defense, and insurance coverage.
In her employment law practice, Lindsey represents and counsels employers in a wide range of labor and employment matters, including wage and hour issues, discrimination claims, and alleged wrongful terminations. She also assists clients with workplace investigations and counseling on various topics, including discharge and discipline, accommodation requirements, and employment agreements. Lindsey prides herself on staying informed of all the latest developments and trends in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and federal employment law.
In her professional liability practice, Lindsey represents attorneys, accountants, and other professionals facing malpractice claims. In this role, she strives to blend both zealous advocacy on behalf of her clients with sensitivity to the impact these claims can have on her clients’ business and professional reputations. Her clients value her dedication to resolving malpractice claims as efficiently as possible and willingness to explore outside-the-box resolution strategies.
Lindsey also has an active insurance coverage practice and has experience representing insurers in declaratory judgment actions and bad faith litigation. She often counsels insurers regarding bad faith litigation-avoidance strategies, including coverage analyses.
Lindsey has experience handling all aspects of civil litigation defense, ranging from premises liability and property damage claims to significant business disputes.
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
State of Rhode Island
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Boston University, J.D., 2010
Syracuse University, B.A., summa cum laude, 2007
- American Bar Associations
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of Massachusetts
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Attendee, International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) Trial Academy in 2015.
- Presenter, Peabody & Arnold’s Employment Law Practice Section’s first and second annual Employment Symposium in 2015 and 2016. Both years, Lindsey’s presentation focused on recent changes to state and national employment and labor laws.
- Second chaired a 3-day public hearing at the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination on a retaliation claim, resulting in a finding in favor of the employer and no award to the employee.
- Won summary judgment on both a legal malpractice claim against her attorney clients alleging a deficient trial strategy and on her clients’ cross claim for unpaid fees.
- Obtained rulings of “No Probable Cause” when defending numerous employers before the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, Rhode Island Commission for Human Rights, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commissions.
- Appointed, American Bar Association’s Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section’s (TIPS) Leadership Academy (2016-2017)
- “Rising Star,” Super Lawyers (2015-2020)
- Top Attorneys, New England’s Outstanding Young Lawyers (2015)
- Community Service Award Recipient, Boston University School of Law (2010)
- Jumpstart for Young Children, Boston Young Professionals Board, 2011-2014
Lindsey enjoys trying new restaurants, traveling, and rooting on her Syracuse Orange.