Catherine has over 10 years of experience in directors and officers (D&O) liability insurance, fiduciary liability, employment practices liability, and other forms of professional liability coverage. She counsels insurer clients in all aspects of the exposures faced by insureds under these policies, including securities class actions, shareholder derivative litigation, private equity disputes, regulatory actions and investigations, claims by bankruptcy trustees and receivers, and other claims. Catherine’s approach is to resolve disputes efficiently and favorably, with an eye toward informal negotiation, mediation, or arbitration. She also has experience defending coverage and bad faith litigation.
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
State of New York
United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
Boston University School of Law, J.D., 2003
The George Washington University, B.A., cum laude, 1999
- Boston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Best Oralist Award, Stone Moot Court Competition
- Selected for Homer Albers Honors Moot Court Competition and Gibbons Criminal Procedure Moot Court Team
- Agassiz Village Maine Course Event Committee Member (2014-present)
- Advocates for Children NYC, Special Education Pro Bono Attorney (2006-2010)
After a successful running career in high school, Catherine has continued running and adopted yoga, skiing, and cycling. In her 20s, she learned she was a terrible golfer, but hopes to have better luck paddle boarding.