Since joining Peabody & Arnold in 1998, Tim’s practice has focused on professional malpractice defense and insurance coverage as well as bad faith and general business litigation. In his professional malpractice practice, Tim has represented scores of attorneys, brokers, accountants, insurance professionals, appraisers, engineers, and architects in the state and federal courts of both Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Tim has also represented insurance companies in insurance coverage and bad faith litigation. In his commercial litigation practice, Tim has represented all types of business and professional associations. He has similarly represented and defended individual partners, members and shareholders in all manner of business and contractual disputes.
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
State of Rhode Island
United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island
Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 1997
College of the Holy Cross, B.A., 1994
Massachusetts Superior Court
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Steering Committee Member, Professional Liability Underwriting Society, New England Chapter
- Defense Research Institute
Tim has appeared on panels during both formal and informal continuing legal education presentations. He has also spoken at seminars for professionals in various fields to discuss best practices to avoid and otherwise prepare for future litigation.
- Boston Property Exchange Transfer Co. v. Iantosca, et al., 720 F.3d 1 (1st Cir. 2013)(upholding dismissal of claims against attorney defendant).
- Silva v. Steadfast, 87 Mass. App. Ct. 800 (2015)(upholding summary judgment in favor of insurance company in bad faith settlement claim).
- Passatempo v. McMenimen, 461 Mass 279 (2012)(upholding trial verdict in favor of insurance general agent).
- Echo Mail v. Papa John’s, Mass. Sup. Ct., Middlesex Civil Action No. 2007-CV1723, (successfully defended national restaurant chain to 2013 bench trial verdict in contract dispute concerning internet and electronic marketing).
- Zabin v. Picciotto, 73 Mass. App. Ct. 141 (2008)(upholding verdicts in favor of several attorneys in landmark Massachusetts legal malpractice case).
- “Rising Stars,” Super Lawyers (2005-2014)
Tim most enjoys raising his three children with his wife in the suburbs of Boston. He is an avid sports fan. Tim plays golf poorly but enthusiastically.