Colleen is a highly experienced trial lawyer focused on representing pharmaceutical and healthcare industry clients facing complex litigation challenges. Colleen has tried to verdict various claims against healthcare professionals and major pharmaceutical companies in multi-plaintiff mass tort litigation. In addition to her trial experience, she has significant Daubert and scientific expertise with her victories, resulting in the dismissal of thousands of cases pending against her clients.
Colleen has a reputation for mastering complex scientific issues and presenting those issues in the most effective manner in motion practice, evidentiary hearings and at trial.
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Suffolk University, J.D., cum laude, 1991 (Suffolk University Law Review)
Colby College, B.A., magna cum laude, 1988 (Phi Beta Kappa)
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Women’s Bar Association
- American Conference Institute, Women Leaders in Life Sciences Law, What Women Leaders in the Life Sciences Law Must Know about Products Liability, Mass Torts, and “Bet-the-Company” Litigation (July 2016)
- Boston Bar Association, Multidistrict Litigation from the Plaintiff, Defense, and Judicial Perspectives (April 2016)
- American Conference Institute, Drug and Medical Litigation Conference, Preparing the Next Generation of Leaders of the Defense Bar- Strategy and Trial Advocacy Deep-Dive (December 2015)
- In re: Accutane Litigation, No. 271(MCL), 2015 WL 753674 (N.J. Super. L. Feb. 20, 2015)(excluding plaintiff’s experts resulting in dismissal of over two thousand cases).
- Stupak v. Hoffman-La Roche Inc., 326 Fed. Appx. 553 (11th Cir. 2009).
- Palazzolo v. Hoffmann-La Roche Inc., No. A-3789-07T3, 2010 WL 363834 (N.J. Super. Ct. App. Div. Feb. 3, 2010).
- Litigation Counsel of America