Sharon serves as insurance coverage and monitoring counsel, and specializes in claims under directors and officers, errors and omissions, fiduciary liability, and employment practices policies. She has experience assessing the extent of coverage under professional liability policies for all forms of civil litigation against corporate directors and officers, including securities fraud litigation, investigations by governmental agencies, shareholder derivative lawsuits, ERISA lawsuits, and employment practices lawsuits. In her role as monitoring counsel, Sharon maintains contact with defense counsel and the insured regarding status and strategy, and provides the carrier with her assessment of potential liability, exposure, and damages under the policy. She also reviews and audits defense fees and costs, negotiates allocation agreements for defense fees and settlement contributions, and represents the carrier at settlement conferences and mediation.
Sharon has expertise with the London insurance market. She serves as coverage and monitoring counsel for various Lloyd’s syndicates. In addition, in 2010, she completed a secondment in London with a Lloyd’s syndicate.
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Boston College Law School, J.D., 2006
Wellesley College, B.A., cum laude, 2003
- Professional Liability Defense Federation
- Chair of the D&O/Trustee E&O Committee (2018-2019)
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- American Bar Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM) Conference: Panelist for “Is the Paperless Movement Good for Managed Healthcare? Preventing and Managing High-Tech Fraud” (July 2020)
- “Determining When Multiple Claims are Related Under D&O and E&O Policies,” Professional Liability Defense Quarterly (Spring 2018)
- CLE Co-presenter, “The Implications of Governmental Investigations on D&O Insurance” (October 2012)
- “Recent Developments Affecting the Liability of Professionals, Officers, and Directors,” 45 Tort, Trial & Ins. L.J. 547 (2010)
Sharon is a former collegiate swimmer, but she now spends her leisure time on land doing CrossFit and practicing yoga.