Meghan represents individuals and businesses in a wide variety of matters, with a particular focus on management-side labor and employment law and insurance-coverage litigation. A dedicated practitioner with a keen attention to detail and a practical approach, Meghan sees herself as a true part of the client’s team as she helps them navigate complex issues with confidence.
In her labor and employment practice, Meghan is a trusted resource for her clients, whether counseling employers on strategies to avoid personnel or labor disputes or advising them every step of the way when disputes arise. She brings to bear extensive experience in state and federal courts, as well as before the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, Massachusetts Department of Labor Relations, Rhode Island Commission for Human Rights, Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training, U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and the National Labor Relations Board. She has particular expertise in matters involving discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, whistleblower, wage and hour, employee leave claims, unfair labor practices, breach of contract, business torts, as well as other statutory and common law claims. At each step of a dispute or lawsuit, Meghan brings a strategic and practical view of the case as she helps her clients weigh the risks and benefits of their positions.
In her insurance-coverage practice, Meghan represents insurers in coverage disputes, declaratory-judgment actions, and bad-faith litigation. In partnership with her clients, Meghan evaluates claims and develops a strategic response to efficiently and effectively resolve complex and difficult disputes.
Prior to joining Peabody & Arnold, Meghan practiced at Nolan | Perroni, P.C., where she litigated labor and employment law matters. She also served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Chief Justice Paul A. Suttell of the Rhode Island Supreme Court. Meghan graduated as valedictorian, summa cum laude, from New England Law | Boston and earned her bachelor’s degree, summa cum laude, from Loyola University Maryland.
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
State of Rhode Island
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island
New England Law | Boston, J.D., summa cum laude, 2011
Loyola University Maryland, B.A., summa cum laude, 2008
Rhode Island Supreme Court, 2011-2012
Judicial Clerk to Chief Justice Paul A. Suttell
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association
- Attendee, International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) Trial Academy, 2018
- Women’s Leadership Initiative (Leadership Development Program for Up and Coming Women in Profession), 2020-2021
- Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2017-2021
- Excellence in the Law – Up & Coming Lawyer, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, 2015
- Dean Arthur E. MacLean Award for Academic Excellence (Awarded to Valedictorian), 2011 Commencement Honor
- Executive Comment & Note Editor, New England Law Review, 2011
- New England Scholar (Awarded to Top 10% of Class), 2009 – 2011
- Dean’s List, 2009 – 2011
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards (Awarded to Highest Grade in Class) in: Civil Rights Practice; Employment Law; Ethnicity & the Law; Massachusetts Practice & Procedure; UCC Sales; Criminal Procedure; Evidence; Family Law; Law & Ethics of Lawyering; Wills, Estates & Trust; Civil Procedure; Constitutional Law; Contracts; Property; and Torts