Chesley’s civil litigation practice focuses on the defense of professional liability, employment, and personal injury claims. She represents lawyers and law firms, real estate professionals, and others in malpractice cases, as well as large and small businesses in employment cases. She also represents nursing homes and a variety of other businesses in personal injury cases.
Chesley brings a thorough eye and keen interest in helping her clients to every case. She is skilled at and enjoys strategizing with clients and colleagues to achieve an efficient and favorable resolution of claims on the best terms possible.
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Suffolk University Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2008
Colby College, B.A., magna cum laude, 2001
Massachusetts Superior Court, 2008-2012
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Executive Women’s Golf Association
- Leccese v. Bear Hill Golf Club, MICV1281CV01772 (Jan. 1, 2015)(granting summary judgment in client’s favor regarding no duty of private landowner to trim vegetation for benefit of motorists on abutting public ways).
- Zou v. Games, NOCV1282CV01748 (Nov. 6, 2014)(granting summary judgment in client’s favor in contract case arising out of client’s public adjustment of fire insurance claim).
- Peschetta v. Commonwealth, 86 Mass. App. Ct. 1107 (2014)(affirming summary judgment in client’s favor in case arising out of alleged jailhouse suicide attempt).
- Annese v. Health Resources Corporation, MICV1281CV04793 (Aug. 19, 2013)(dismissing all but one claim against client in case arising out of employee’s termination).
Before entering private practice, Chesley was a judicial law clerk at the Massachusetts Superior Court for more than three years, where she worked closely with the judges on a wide variety of civil matters.
Outside of work, Chesley enjoys traveling to new places near and far, exploring New England hiking trails, and attending concerts.