Michael’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation, including professional liability and insurance coverage matters. He has represented various professionals in malpractice claims, including lawyers and law firms, accountants, broker-dealers, and other professionals. Michael also represents businesses in commercial disputes, and provides insurance coverage opinions and representation to various insurers in coverage litigation matters.
Michael counsels clients on achieving the most effective and efficient means of resolving these disputes, either through litigation or negotiated agreements.
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
State of New Hampshire
State of New York
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire
United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
Suffolk University Law School, J.D., 2005
College of the Holy Cross, B.A., 1999
- American Bar Association, Tort and Insurance Practice Section
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Professional Liability Underwriters Society
- Holy Cross Lawyers Association
- Regis High School Bar Association
- Vice Chair, Professional Liability Insurance Committee, American Bar Association (2016-2017)
- Vice Chair, Insurance Coverage Committee, American Bar Association (2016-2017)
- Member, Technology Committee, American Bar Association (2016-2017)
- Committee Member, Litigation Section, Boston Bar Association (2012-2014)
- Refreshing or Creating Witness Recollection: Where Is The Line? (ABA, Professionals’ Officers’ & Directors’ Liability Newsletter, 2016);
- Cyber Liability Continues to Grow (ABA, Professionals’ Officers’ & Directors’ Liability Newsletter, 2016);
- CLE (Private Provider), Liability Claims Against Architects and Engineers (March, 2015);
- CLE (New Hampshire Bar Association), Cyber Liability and Data Breach from The Insurance and Business Perspective (September, 2015).
- Obtained a favorable result at mediation for an attorney and law firm in simultaneous legal malpractice and Board of Bar Overseers actions.
- Represented insurer in coverage matter involving massive anti-trust lawsuit against national managed care companies.
- Represented insurer in large subrogation action against resort owner arising out of catastrophic injury claim.
- Provided coverage advice to insurer for multiple claims arising out of federal grants to victims of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
- Represented broker-dealers against fraud and unsuitability claims.
- Represented manufacturers of large, industrial products in multiple products liability actions.
Michael coaches various Milton youth athletic teams.